In 2014 and 2016, Steinway Boutique Manila organized the Philippine Steinway Youth Piano Competition that gathered young Filipino pianists under the age of 18 from different regions of the country, for a unique opportunity to develop and nurture their craft on an international level. In 2018, Steinway Boutique Manila will once again organize the 4th Philippine Steinway Youth Piano Competition that will be held in the second quarter of 2018.
The grand prize winner of the competition will become the representative of the Philippines to the Steinway Regional Finals, to compete for a coveted spot at the International Steinway Festival in Hamburg, Germany.
THE INTERNATIONAL STEINWAY FESTIVAL
Steinway competitions throughout the world are a part of the International Steinway Festival created in 1987. This international celebration of music is now being held every two years in Hamburg, Germany. The festival was envisioned to identify, encourage, and promote young pianists in the formative stages of their careers.
In Asia, various countries including the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam will be running national level competitions to determine their respective representatives to the event.
- Participants must present 3 contrasting selections totaling a maximum playing time of 20 minutes.
- Repertoire must include the first movement of a Sonata by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Clementi or Schubert.
- All pertinent program details (Composer, Work, Key, Op., No., Hob., K. designations) for each movement of the work intended for performance must be listed.
- No concerti or transcriptions are allowed.
- Participants are required to perform the exact same repertoire for further stages of the competition.
Category 1: Age 11 & Below
Category 2: Ages 12 to 14
Category 3: Ages 15 to 17
Register your interest by emailing email@example.com. You will then be contacted for updates regarding the 2018 Philippine Steinway Youth Piano Competition.